Have you looked inside a furniture store on your way to or back from office, and eyed that special designer chair which you always wanted but budget constraints held you back? Just like every other field attached to human beings, the world of furniture has undergone lots of changes. Today’s furniture with their sleek design and classy appeal, especially the stylish space saving ones, are runaway hits. Furniture today is even designed by professional designers, which obviously come at a much higher price. But no matter how trendy or stylish these modern designs are, antique furniture has a charm of their own and has still managed to hold on to the heart of antique furniture lovers. However, any discussion about antique furniture is not complete without the special mention of valet stands.
A Few Interesting Facts about Valet Stands
- Valet stands were used in the 1800s and the first half of the 20th century by the upper class gentlemen of the western part of the world.
- Aristocratic gentlemen in those days preferred to dress themselves in stylish suits, and these suits found a place of honor in valet stands.
- Valet stands were made primarily of wood, though lighter metals were also used.
- Coat racks, trouser hangers, jewelry compartment and shoe bars are the main parts of any valet stand though simple ones without the accessory compartment are also available.
- Valet stands can be as simple as just a few hangers supported by legs, while elaborate ones with multiple drawers, chambers and even chair are also used.
- Valet stands gradually became unpopular as the fashion preference of the men changed with time.
The Ideal Place to find Valet Stands
- It is no secret that valet stands are not that widely used today, and do not look promising to come back to wide usage again, so it may be difficult to find valet stands in the common furniture stores.
- However, the antique furniture stores still keep valet stands for those customers who still prefer old elegant furniture in place of the modern ones.
- Some modern furniture stores sell valet stands, but they may not have the pieces ready for sale. They only prepare them after receiving the order and after the customer has finalized on the design.
- The online furniture stores do keep a large collection of valet stands, and if you are thinking of getting one for yourself, browsing through the choices offered at these online stores is a very good option. Discounts and attractive offers make online shopping a real good experience.
Things to Consider before buying a Valet Stand
- The first thing that needs to be decided is the type of valet stand you want, whether you want a simple one or an elaborate one. If you are more into suits and happen to be fashionable then an elaborate one will be a good choice. On the other hand, if you are more into jeans but want to get a valet stand for occasional usage or for getting the feel of it, a simple valet stand can serve your purpose.
- Space is another important thing that you need to consider before you finally decide to get a valet stand. For most city households today space is a problem and a simple valet stand would fit fine. However, if space is not a constraint for you, then the elaborate valet stand can be a fine choice.
- Last but not the least; finance is also an important factor. Generally, valet stands come at a cost, so it is very important to fix your budget before the purchase if you do not want to over spend. It is better to find out about discounts and offers from the internet or you can enquire at the local stores before fixing the budget.
Still want you know more? Then stay continue here and get more details about Valet Stands.